As each week goes by I often find myself stumbling across various news, social media posts, blogs, articles, books, and more in relation to the paranormal. Often some of these pass me by never to be seen again, which can be a shame as when I see them I know that I want to read more on them. However, it can often be the wrong time, there are other more pressing things to take care of. As we are often bombarded by lots of this such information on a daily basis, a lot is lost in the digital ether.
So, what I wanted to do with this regular post is attempt to gather some various pieces of information that others like me may be interested to read. I’ve broken this down into a few categories below for now, hopefully you’ll like it – would love to hear your thoughts on the matter?
Russell Targ and the Revolution in Consciousness
This week I thought I would draw a little attention to the great work of Russell Targ in regards to consciousness. Looking at work to do with Remote Viewing I discovered Russell Targ a good few years back now, which helped me understand a little more regarding the potential abilities we may have that could be more normal than paranormal.
- Russell Targ’s banned TED talk about psychic abilities (see his chapter in “The Mysteries of Reality”) – Visionary Scientists Lead a Revolution in Consciousness https://visionaryscientists.home.blog/2020/09/23/russell-targs-banned-ted-talk-about-psychic-abilities-see-his-chapter-in-the-mysteries-of-reality/
Here is a few of the items that caught my eye this week on social media.
- Many people think the beginnings of the spiritualist movement occurred in Hydesville, New York in the 19th century, but psychic investigation is much, much older than that. This documentary by Keith Parsons explores the origins of psychical research. #Paranormal #History https://twitter.com/metascienceitc/status/1260337795605975041?s=12
- Online paranormal conferences are huge right now. I have been able to see talks from people at events I would have no chance of attending normally. A lot of people have been able to showcase their research on a worldwide platform as a result. I hope it continues in some way https://twitter.com/sarahllifs/status/1309396942774923272?s=12
- Just notifying everyone that my personal account will soon be repurposed as the official Twitter account of one of our new ventures – “Paranormal Research Association”. Lots going on behind the scenes in relation to Paranormal Study and our new community forum “Varanormal”, too. https://twitter.com/pra_social/status/1309704537519816704?s=12
- Here’s a hard fact: Today, one should NEVER EVER accept a video as evidence of anything strange or paranormal. Faking a video is way too simple to do. #extraordinaryclaims https://twitter.com/idoubtit/status/1309642442237521922?s=12
- Sally Rhine Feather (hija de J.B. y Louisa E. Rhine) y su hija probando con las tarjetas Zener. https://twitter.com/cienciapsiquica/status/1309793057672437762?s=12
- Delighted that “Making Sense of Life: Explaining Genes and Telepathy’ will be @TwBookClub Book of the Day tomorrow and will be free to members. To find out more, click here: onlinebookclub.org https://twitter.com/richard_alabone/status/1309776707910598662?s=12
- a young #LeslieFlint during a test seance in 1948 with the @SPR1882 https://twitter.com/flinttrust/status/1309802053435359234?s=12
- Last chance to participate in Walter Meyer zu Erpen’s survey Does Spiritualism Prove Life after Death? for his chapter in the SPR’s forthcoming book ‘Is There Life after Death? Arguments, Theories, Evidence’. Deadline is 30 September: https://twitter.com/spr1882/status/1310115555047878656?s=12
- My new book is a Paranormal Mystery! NEAR DEATH: A Raney/Daye Investigation is coming Oct 1 in paperback and digital. Pre-order the Kindle book at https://twitter.com/loydauerbach/status/1307806170577432577?s=12
- FREE NOW on the Morbid Anatomy Online Journal @patreon: writer @marchartzman (@weirdhistorian1) with an illustrated piece about his exciting new project “giving new life to books about the dead” via republishing public domain books about Spiritualism. patreon.com/posts/how-to-s… https://twitter.com/morbidanatomy/status/1308086054088585220?s=12
- Theres still time to join! ITC Online Workshop 📻🎧🎙 Sat 3rd Oct – 7pm – 9pm Delivered via Zoom – limited places BOOK YOUR PLACE: hdparanormal.com/online-store/I… #ITC #paranormal #ghosts #EVP #spiritvoices #contact #communication #workshop #onlinelearning https://twitter.com/hdghost_girl/status/1308148501482790915?s=12
- If you have read Stuff Paranormal Investigators Need to Know, Supernatural Synchronicity or the LLIFS Guide to EVP, if you could be so kind to leave a review on Amazon or Goodreads I would be very appreciative! https://twitter.com/sarahllifs/status/1307655186437951494?s=12
- Special Announcement: FORUM COMING SOON! VARANORMAL.COM ~ A Metascience Foundation Project – YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RUwC2KlbJE
- Have You Experienced the Mandela Effect? – YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFWlz6ZIH1s
- Introduction to Parapsychology Part 2 with Carlos S. Alvarado – YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QRDxzsDeKw
This section is somewhere I would like to share a few of the events, investigations, conventions and more that may interest you all. However, due to our current lockdown situation – I have now included online events.
- I didn’t really spot any events this week, but please feel free to comment below if you have any that you feel are worth a mention.
I often spend a lot of my time reading paranormal related blogs, books and articles. So, I figured this would be great to share with you all too. Blogs and online articles are often a great way to discover more on the paranormal and even challenge your own perception of some concepts. There will also likely be items from published journals and magazines too in the future – which of course will be limited to those with memberships to those organisations.
- LLIFS – The alien, the ghost and our consciousness | livinglifeinfullspectrum.com.au https://llifs.com.au/blog/is-an-alien-abduction-exclusive-to-our-physical-body-or-is-it-our-consciousness/
- LLIFS – Is it our instinct to believe in the paranormal? | livinglifeinfullspectrum.com.au https://llifs.com.au/blog/is-it-our-instinct-to-believe-in-the-paranormal/
- Penetration: Special Edition: The Question of Extraterrestrial and Human Telepathy, by Ingo Swann | spr.ac.uk https://www.spr.ac.uk/book-review/penetration-special-edition-question-extraterrestrial-and-human-telepathy-ingo-swann
- (PDF) DO CHANGES OF THERMODYNAMIC ENTROPY AT A REMOTE SITE ENHANCE THE QUALITY OF ANOMALOUS COGNITION | Sonali Bhatt Marwaha and Edwin C May – Academia.edu https://www.academia.edu/43757747/DO_CHANGES_OF_THERMODYNAMIC_ENTROPY_AT_A_REMOTE_SITE_ENHANCE_THE_QUALITY_OF_ANOMALOUS_COGNITION
- Alexander Moreira-Almeida | Psi Encyclopedia https://psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/articles/alexander-moreira-almeida
- (PDF) The Dr. John Hall story: a case study in putative “Haunted People Syndrome” https://www.researchgate.net/publication/338013263_The_Dr_John_Hall_story_a_case_study_in_putative_Haunted_People_Syndrome
- Frontiers | Why Most Research Findings About Psi Are False: The Replicability Crisis, the Psi Paradox and the Myth of Sisyphus | Psychology https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2020.562992/full?fbclid=IwAR0y0iXWNGi6_9lOYqRyR0ns-3qZ_9e06vB6DY2sHd6JOhiULAhBlhvMU7M
- (PDF) Taking Possession of a Heritage: Psychologies of the Subliminal and their Pioneers | Punita Miranda – Academia.edu https://www.academia.edu/17645969/Taking_Possession_of_a_Heritage_Psychologies_of_the_Subliminal_and_their_Pioneers
Although generally the idea of this post was to share some of what catches my eye in the paranormal field week to week. I thought it would be good to capture some of this stuff in one place. Makes it easier to find right?
However, there’s always going to be stuff I miss, so please feel free to send me items and I may include them too. It’s a good way to share a lot of what’s happening out there in the paranormal world.