As each week goes by I often find myself stumbling across various news, social media posts, blogs, articles, books, and more in relation to the paranormal. Often some of these pass me by never to be seen again, which can be a shame as when I see them I know that I want to read more on them. However, it can often be the wrong time, there are other more pressing things to take care of. As we are often bombarded by lots of this such information on a daily basis, a lot is lost in the digital ether.
So, what I wanted to do with this regular post is attempt to gather some various pieces of information that others like me may be interested to read. I’ve broken this down into a few categories below for now, hopefully you’ll like it – would love to hear your thoughts on the matter?
Ghostbuster’s, AN Old Poltergeist & James Hyslop
This week the news covered some real-life ghostbusters, a return to the Sauchie Poltergeist case a chat with Medium James Hyslop.
- Spooky times: Goldsmiths’ real-life ghostbuster | Goldsmiths, University of London https://www.gold.ac.uk/news/goldsmiths-ghostbuster/
- A Walk in the Past: The Sauchie Poltergeist | Alloa and Hillfoots Advertiser https://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/18834659.walk-past-sauchie-poltergeist/
- History and heritage: medium James Hyslop – Montclair Local News https://www.montclairlocal.news/2020/10/31/james-hyslop-montclair-medium-halloween/
Here is a few of the items that caught my eye this week on social media.
- Someone just told me I was nominated in the blogging category for an award. I have no idea who nominated me but it is a geniune surprise! Thankyou! If you wish to vote for me Living Life In Full Spectrum here is the link https://twitter.com/sarahllifs/status/1322876240483635201?s=12
- These new editions of How to Speak to the Dead (1918) and Psycho-Phone Messages (1921) from Curious Publications provide a fascinating look into the practice of communicating with the other side from a dark and strange period of history. Available here: curiouspublications.com/books/ https://twitter.com/cultofweird/status/1321467103887675392?s=12
- #IanStevenson (1918-2007) was a #psychiatrist , who abandoned #Freud as unscientific & turned to the #paranormal, worked for the University of Virginia School of Medicine. He worked in the area of perceptual studies & #reincarnation . A tribute on his #BirthAnniversary today. https://twitter.com/prriyaraj/status/1322349323556810752?s=12
- Paranormal Discussion with Sarah Chumacero | Paranormalist and Author Australia – YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jZqwJrCgTI
This section is somewhere I would like to share a few of the events, investigations, conventions and more that may interest you all. However, due to our current lockdown situation – I have now included online events.
- Nothing to report this week.. If you have any events, please don’t hesitate to comment below…
I often spend a lot of my time reading paranormal related blogs, books and articles. So, I figured this would be great to share with you all too. Blogs and online articles are often a great way to discover more on the paranormal and even challenge your own perception of some concepts. There will also likely be items from published journals and magazines too in the future – which of course will be limited to those with memberships to those organisations.
- LLIFS – Are precognition and psychic projection linked? | livinglifeinfullspectrum.com.au https://llifs.com.au/blog/precognition-vs-psychic-projection/
- Why Do We See Dead People? | The Walrus https://thewalrus.ca/why-do-we-see-dead-people/
- Philosophical Thoughts: What do people mean when they say there’s no evidence? http://ian-wardell.blogspot.com/2020/10/what-do-people-mean-when-they-say.html
- COLIN WILSON: HIS LIFE AND TIMES | Indiegogo https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/colin-wilson-his-life-and-times–2
- A Natural History of Ghosts – a review – Horrified Magazine – The British Horror Website https://www.horrifiedmagazine.co.uk/reviews/a-natural-history-of-ghosts-a-review/
- Spirits, Gods and Magic: An Introduction to the Anthropology of the Supernatural (2nd Ed.), by Jack Hunter | spr.ac.uk https://www.spr.ac.uk/book-review/spirits-gods-and-magic-introduction-anthropology-supernatural-2nd-ed-jack-hunter
- JOTT. When Things Disappear… and Come Back or Relocate – and Why It Really Happens, by Mary Rose Barrington | spr.ac.uk https://www.spr.ac.uk/book-review/jott-when-things-disappear-and-come-back-or-relocate-and-why-it-really-happens-mary-rose
- Paranormal Experience Census Form – Paranormal Study https://www.paranormalstudy.com/paranormal-census/
- The ‘Ghost Hand’ of 1900 | Skeptical Inquirer https://skepticalinquirer.org/exclusive/the-ghost-hand-of-1900/
- ParaMOOC2021 and Other News http://parapsychologyonline.org/index.php/2020/10/28/paramooc2021-and-other-news/
- (PDF) Between Electricity and Spirit: Paranormal Investigation and the Creation of Doubt in England | Michele Hanks – Academia.edu https://www.academia.edu/30055747/Between_Electricity_and_Spirit_Paranormal_Investigation_and_the_Creation_of_Doubt_in_England
- Story of Jane Rebecca Yorke | Sometimes Interesting https://sometimes-interesting.com/jane-rebecca-yorke/
- The Bermondsey Ghost, or, Terror on Jacob’s Island https://london-overlooked.com/poltergeist/ Haunted by Sadness, or, Is 50 Berkeley Square London’s most Ghost-Ridden House? https://london-overlooked.com/berkeleysquare/
- When a Ghost Foretold the Franklin Expedition’s Fate | Mental Floss https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/633644/franklin-expedition-fate-foretold-by-ghost
Although generally the idea of this post was to share some of what catches my eye in the paranormal field week to week. I thought it would be good to capture some of this stuff in one place. Makes it easier to find right?
However, there’s always going to be stuff I miss, so please feel free to send me items and I may include them too. It’s a good way to share a lot of what’s happening out there in the paranormal world.