As each week goes by I often find myself stumbling across various news, social media posts, blogs, articles, books, and more in relation to the paranormal. Often some of these pass me by never to be seen again, which can be a shame as when I see them I know that I want to read more on them. However, it can often be the wrong time, there are other more pressing things to take care of. As we are often bombarded by lots of this such information on a daily basis, a lot is lost in the digital ether.
So, what I wanted to do with this regular post is attempt to gather some various pieces of information that others like me may be interested to read. I’ve broken this down into a few categories below for now, hopefully you’ll like it – would love to hear your thoughts on the matter?
The PA Mentorship Program, Randi & Lawrence LeShan
This week the news covered the PA mentorship programme, how Randi may have hindered his own skeptic movement and a little on Lawrence LeShan’s life too.
- New Opportunity for Students: Introducing the PA Mentorship Program https://mailchi.mp/parapsych/introducing-the-pa-mentorship-program-2456114
- How James “the Amazing” Randi hindered his skeptic movement. https://slate.com/technology/2020/11/james-amazing-randi-skeptic-movement.html
- Lawrence LeShan (1920-2020) | spr.ac.uk https://www.spr.ac.uk/news/lawrence-leshan-19202020
Here is a few of the items that caught my eye this week on social media.
- #ScientistoftheWeek is @DeanRadin PhD. Dr. Radin is a parapsychologist, Chief Scientist at @IONSonline Fascinating interview on our SOL – Signs of Life Radio – bit.ly/2U9D0RR + his books bit.ly/2GOlGyG https://twitter.com/fffafterlife/status/1325936743145746432?s=12
- Curious object Tuesday ⤵️ A spirit trumpet is used in a ‘trumpet séance’. It rises from a table and floats around the room emitting ‘spirit voices’ and, if occasion demands, exuding ectoplasm! 🎺 Learn more on @CamDigLib: cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/view/MS-SPR-TR… https://twitter.com/theul/status/1326087996500828162?s=12
- “Emily Thomas unearths the Hogwarts of C. D. Broad” for the @philosophersmag “In a spoof article written in 1925, philosopher C. D. Broad imagined that the University of Cambridge was setting up a degree program in magic, witchcraft, and necromancy.” https://twitter.com/c_morck/status/1326077687224524802?s=12
- The moment an OLD MAN appeared through the static in my analogue TV set with no aerial attached!! 😱📺 (Screenshot captured during a visual ITC session) CAN YOU SEE HIM? ⬇️ https://twitter.com/hdghost_girl/status/1326827418338856961?s=12
- For #FridayThe13th, it’s #MuseumsUnlocked day of demons, devils & ghosts! This #Cambridge Instrument Company portable electrocardiograph belonged to the Society for Psychical Research & was probably used to record the physiology of mediums https://twitter.com/whipplemuseum/status/1327210852316041217?s=12
- Noetic Signature Study. Not many people feel comfortable talking about their own psychic or “noetic” experiences. To be eligible to take part you need to be over 18 and a fluent English reader: https://twitter.com/spr1882/status/1327884125894823937?s=12
- Announcing the November PA Symposium, Atlantic University Parapsychology Course, and ParaMOOC2021 – YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU137tgjR38
- ASSAP Webinar Ciaran 0 Keefe on ParaEthics – YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEPeN6mCqdc
- ASSAP Webinar: Steve Parsons on Infrasound – YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyJ2wbhZiss
- Precognitive Dreams with Paul Kalas – YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phVDnZB-iYg
- Psychic Animals – What’s the Evidence? (A Documentary by Dr. Keith Parsons) – YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5MrrYRIqFI
- InPresence 0210: Four Steps to Successful ESP Performance – YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4nC76yqfqw
- Russell Targ: Inside the Stargate Program at Stanford Research Institute – YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqJtgjpp4sQ
This section is somewhere I would like to share a few of the events, investigations, conventions and more that may interest you all. However, due to our current lockdown situation – I have now included online events.
- I didn’t manage to see any events that caught my eye on social media this week, but please feel free to submit your event in the comments if I missed it.
I often spend a lot of my time reading paranormal related blogs, books and articles. So, I figured this would be great to share with you all too. Blogs and online articles are often a great way to discover more on the paranormal and even challenge your own perception of some concepts. There will also likely be items from published journals and magazines too in the future – which of course will be limited to those with memberships to those organisations.
- LLIFS – What are the odds? | livinglifeinfullspectrum.com.au https://llifs.com.au/blog/what-are-the-odds/
- Ecology, Nature and Parapsychology: An Online Symposium Sponsored by the Parapsychological Association – Parapsychology https://carlossalvarado.wordpress.com/2020/11/09/ecology-nature-and-parapsychology-an-online-symposium-sponsored-by-the-parapsychological-association/
- Five Forgotten Techniques For Budget Ghost Hunting – Paranormal Study https://www.paranormalstudy.com/five-forgotten-techniques-for-budget-ghost-hunting/
- Contact with the Future: The Nature of Extrasensory Perception, by Jon Taylor | spr.ac.uk https://www.spr.ac.uk/book-review/contact-future-nature-extrasensory-perception-jon-taylor
- Books of the Year II — chosen by our regular reviewers | The Spectator https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/books-of-the-year-ii-chosen-by-our-regular-reviewers
- An Interview with Journalist Leslie Kean on Stewart Alexander and ‘Surviving Death’ | Michael Tymn blog on White Crow Books http://whitecrowbooks.com/michaeltymn/entry/an_interview_with_journalist_leslie_kean_on_stewart_alexander_and_surviving/
- The College of Psychic Studies – London, England – Atlas Obscura https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/the-college-of-psychic-studies
- What to Do if You See a Ghost https://lifehacker.com/what-to-do-if-you-see-a-ghost-1845527063
- (PDF) “Omdat het steunt op weten.” Spiritism in the Netherlands between 1890 and 1940 | Casper van der Veen – Academia.edu https://www.academia.edu/1887798/_Omdat_het_steunt_op_weten_Spiritism_in_the_Netherlands_between_1890_and_1940
Although generally the idea of this post was to share some of what catches my eye in the paranormal field week to week. I thought it would be good to capture some of this stuff in one place. Makes it easier to find right?
However, there’s always going to be stuff I miss, so please feel free to send me items and I may include them too. It’s a good way to share a lot of what’s happening out there in the paranormal world.