As each week goes by I often find myself stumbling across various news, social media posts, blogs, articles, books, and more in relation to the paranormal. Often some of these pass me by never to be seen again, which can be a shame as when I see them I know that I want to read more on them. However, it can often be the wrong time, there are other more pressing things to take care of. As we are often bombarded by lots of this such information on a daily basis, a lot is lost in the digital ether.
So, what I wanted to do with this regular post is attempt to gather some various pieces of information that others like me may be interested to read. I’ve broken this down into a few categories below for now, hopefully you’ll like it – would love to hear your thoughts on the matter?
Jayne’s Shadow Figure
This weeks news is about Jayne’s captured Shadow Figure during her investigation, what are your thoughts?
- SHADOW FIGURE captured during last nights investigation 😳 I was walking with the camera…and I was alone. (seen here in slow motion) https://twitter.com/hdghost_girl/status/1328754718919766028?s=12
Here is a few of the items that caught my eye this week on social media.
- Upton Sinclair wrote in “Mental Radio” (1930) about informal experiments in telepathy that he carried out with his wife Mary Sinclair. In these experiments, Mary successfully reproduced drawings of objects which Upton had previously made and kept out of her sight. #Parapsychology https://twitter.com/worldwidepra/status/1328797408944418822?s=12
- “Telepatha” cards were designed by psychical researcher Harry Price in order to test telepathy. A participant would shuffle the cards, select one, and attempt to transmit the selected card via thought to a second participant, who would then try to guess the card. #Parapsychology https://twitter.com/worldwidepra/status/1328828841368965125?s=12
- The “Psi-Writer” consisted of a nontraditional Ouija board that was connected to a specially prepared electric typewriter. A magnet in the center of the planchette activated a proximity switch as it moved over a letter on the board, causing it to be typed. #Paranormal #History https://twitter.com/worldwidepra/status/1329596241676734468?s=12
- Robert Hare was a prominent chemist and inventor who created some of the earliest known spirit communication devices in the 1850s – “Spiritoscopes”. Hare developed as many as six versions of this disk-shaped mechanical device, which included alphabet letters. #Paranormal #History https://twitter.com/worldwidepra/status/1329593644626681856?s=12
- Harry Price (1881–1948) was a British paranormal researcher and author who gained public prominence for his investigations into psychical phenomena. His toolkit (pictured right) consisted of a sketch pad, string, bells, cameras, and much more. #Paranormal #Parapsychology #History https://twitter.com/worldwidepra/status/1329606862531158019?s=12
- After years researching #ParaEthics, 30+ years ghosthunting, & even after a lengthy fascinating discussion on the topic with a respected #psychic in the field, I am even more of the opinion that private cases should not be filmed & shared publically (i.e. not be aired). Thoughts? https://twitter.com/ciaranokeeffe/status/1330217438655471617?s=12 Ep 14 – Sasquatch 👣 I chat to world leading authority Professor Jeffrey Meldrum! Having featured in countless TV shows inc the recent Netflix doc ‘Discovering Bigfoot’ who better to explore the subject with? What do you believe? 👣 https://www.patreon.combycandlelight/ https://twitter.com/hdghost_girl/status/1330456996349358080?s=12
- JFK day 22 11. 57 years. Reading this book on Jeane Dixon and her failed precognitive warnings to the president reminds me how eerie this story is. (Swedish 1966 edition of Ruth Montgomery’s book on Dixon.) https://twitter.com/drpathistorian/status/1330287001342521345?s=12
- Screenwriter William Addams Welch was a prominent figure during the formative years of Electronic Voice Phenomenon (EVP) research. He recorded over 25,000 anomalous voices during his experiments. His book “Talks with the Dead” was published in 1975. #Paranormal #History https://twitter.com/worldwidepra/status/1330504055840509964?s=12
- Introdução à TCI (Video 1) – YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETOapFo8VMU
- Psi and Psychoanalysis with Richard Reichbart – YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a6R8MtHo3o
This section is somewhere I would like to share a few of the events, investigations, conventions and more that may interest you all. However, due to our current lockdown situation – I have now included online events.
- 8 p.m. 23rd November 2020 – SPR Web Event – PROFESSOR CHRIS FRENCH – Twenty Years of Weird Science at Goldsmiths: Some reflections? | spr.ac.uk https://www.spr.ac.uk/civicrm/event/info?id=143&reset=1
- ZOOM – SPR Study Day No.79 PSI AND POST-MATERIALIST SCIENCE: THE SEARCH FOR A NEW PARADIGM | spr.ac.uk https://www.spr.ac.uk/civicrm/event/info?id=142&reset=1
I often spend a lot of my time reading paranormal related blogs, books and articles. So, I figured this would be great to share with you all too. Blogs and online articles are often a great way to discover more on the paranormal and even challenge your own perception of some concepts. There will also likely be items from published journals and magazines too in the future – which of course will be limited to those with memberships to those organisations.
- 15 Things Paranormal Investigators Should Stop Making a Big Deal About https://alexmatsuo.com/15-things-paranormal-investigators-should-stop-making-a-big-deal-about/
- Tom Ruffles: The Society for Psychical Research in Smoke and Mirrors at the Wellcome http://tomruffles.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-society-for-psychical-research-in.html
- Ethel Post Parrish: Mediumship in America, by Gerald O’Hara | spr.ac.uk https://www.spr.ac.uk/book-review/ethel-post-parrish-mediumship-america-gerald-ohara
- Ecology, Nature and Parapsychology: Abstracts of Presented Papers – The Parapsychological Association https://www.parapsych.org/articles/37/525/ecology_nature_and.aspx
- Spiritualism and the Great War | Supernatural Cities http://supernaturalcities.co.uk/resources/spiritualism-and-the-great-war/
- The Cottingley Fairies: A Study in Deception | Galleries | University of Leeds https://library.leeds.ac.uk/events/event/1903/galleries-events/363/the-cottingley-fairies-a-study-in-deception
- (PDF) Mary Rose Barrington – IN MEMORIAM | Peter Mulacz – Academia.edu https://www.academia.edu/43011414/Mary_Rose_Barrington_IN_MEMORIAM
- (PDF) “Spirits are the Problem”: Anthropology and Conceptualising Spiritual Beings | Jack Hunter – Academia.edu https://www.academia.edu/19704807/_Spirits_are_the_Problem_Anthropology_and_Conceptualising_Spiritual_Beings
Although generally the idea of this post was to share some of what catches my eye in the paranormal field week to week. I thought it would be good to capture some of this stuff in one place. Makes it easier to find right?
However, there’s always going to be stuff I miss, so please feel free to send me items and I may include them too. It’s a good way to share a lot of what’s happening out there in the paranormal world.